City Campus (Lincoln)
Personal Links:• PSE Bavarian Lab
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Drexel University
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Polymerization Reaction Engineering
- Process Modeling, Simulation, Optimization, and Control of Chemical Processes and Electrochemical Systems
- Separation and Purification Processes
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Process Intensification
- Continuous Flow Chemistry
Jun 27, 2018: Engineering faculty get more than $880,000 in NET grants
About Mona Bavarian
Dr. Mona Bavarian joined the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering of the University of Nebraska Lincoln in January 2020. Prior to joining UNL, she was a senior technical specialist at PALL corporation, microelectronics division. She has up to 8 years of industrial experience in semiconductor and microelectronics area, from advanced manufacturing to contamination control. She received her PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from Drexel University in 2012.
Dr. Bavarian’s research interests and expertise are in polymerization reaction engineering, electrochemical systems mathematical modeling, lithography materials product and process development and control, and process simulation and optimization of separation processes.
Honors and Awards
- Pall Corp’s Presidential Award 2019
- Drexel University Dean’s Fellowship 2010
- Ghaleni M. M., Bavarian, M., and Nejati, S. Model-Guided Design of High Performane Membrane Distillation Modules for Water Desalination, Journal of Membrane Science 2018, 530, 158-165.
- Bavarian, M., Nejati, S., Lau, KKS., Lee, D., Soroush, M., Theoretical and Experimental Study of a Dye Sensitized Solar Cell, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2013, 53(13), 4234-5247.
- Bavarian, M., Soroush, M., Kevrekidis, I. G., Benziger, J. B., Modeling and Bifurcation Analysis of a Co-Ionic-Conducting Solid Oxide Fuel Cell, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2012, 52(9), 3165-3177.
- Bavarian, M., Soroush, M., Steady-State Multiplicity in a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell: Practical considerations. Chemical Engineering Science 2012, 67 (1), 2-14.
- Bavarian, M., Soroush, M., Mathematical Modeling and Steady-State Analysis of a Proton-Conducting Solid Oxide Fuel Cell. Journal of Process Control 2012, 22(8), 1521-1530.
- Bavarian, M., Soroush, M., Kevrekidis, I. G., Benziger, J. B., Mathematical Modeling, Steady-State and Dynamic Behavior, and Control of Fuel Cells: A Review†. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2010, 49 (17), 7922-7950.