- Ph.D., Computational Chemistry, Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research/University of Stuttgart, 2009
- M.S. (with distinction), Quantum Chemistry, St. Petersburg State University, 2006
- Dipl. (with distinction), Electrochemistry, St. Petersburg State University, 2004
- Computational chemistry and materials science
- Electronic structure, electron/ion transport, surface chemistry
Dr. Alexandrov comes to UNL after three years as a research associate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, where he worked on modeling of coupled electron/ion transport dynamics through polycrystalline oxide networks, adsorption phenomena, interfacial electron transfer and selective oxidation of Ni-base alloys.
Alexandrov earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from St. Petersburg State University in Russia, his Ph.D. from Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research/University of Stuttgart in Germany and then did postdoctoral work at the University of California, Davis and the University of California, Berkeley.
- Doctoral Fellowship of Max Planck Society (International Max Planck Research School for Advanced Materials), 2006-2009
- Fellowship to attend the 55th Meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany, 2005
- Personal Grant of St. Petersburg Government for Young Scientists, 2004
- Alexandrov V. and Rosso K., "Ab Initio Modeling of Fe(II) Adsorption and Interfacial Electron Transfer at Goethite (a-FeOOH) Surfaces", Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 17, 14518-14531 (2015)
- Alexandrov V., Neumann A., Scherer M., and Rosso K., "Electron Exchange and Conduction in Nontronite from First-Principles", Journal of Physical Chemistry C 117(5), 2032-2040 (2013)
- Alexandrov V., Shvareva T. Y., Hayun S., Asta M., and Navrotsky A., "Actinide Dioxides in Water: Interactions at the Interface", Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 2, 3130-3134 (2011)
- Alexandrov V., Grønbech-Jensen N., Navrotsky A., and Asta M., "First-Principles Computational Study of Defect Clustering in Solid Solutions of ThO2 with Trivalent Oxides", Physical Review B 82, 174115 (2010)
- Alexandrov V., Maier J., and Evarestov R.A., "Ab Initio Study of SrFexTi1-xO3: Jahn-Teller Distortion and Electronic Structure", Physical Review B 77, 075111 (2008)
- Evarestov R.A., Bandura A.V., and Alexandrov V., "Adsorption of Water on (001) Surface of SrTiO3 and SrZrO3 Cubic Perovskites: Hybrid HF-DFT LCAO Calculations", Surface Science 72, 1844 (2007)