- Ph.D., Computational Chemistry, Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research/University of Stuttgart, 2009
- M.S. (with distinction), Quantum Chemistry, St. Petersburg State University, 2006
- Dipl. (with distinction), Electrochemistry, St. Petersburg State University, 2004
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Computational/theoretical electrochemistry and materials science
- Electrocatalysis, batteries
Nov 22, 2022: Ten faculty honored with new named professorships
Jun 07, 2021: Fifteen engineering faculty promoted or granted tenure
Honors and Awards
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award (2020)
- ACS PRF Award (2018)
- Doctoral Fellowship of Max Planck Society (International Max Planck Research School for Advanced Materials), 2006-2009
- Fellowship to attend the 55th Meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany, 2005
- Personal Grant of St. Petersburg Government for Young Scientists, 2004
- Speck F.D., Zagalskaya A., Alexandrov V. and Cherevko S., "Periodicity in the Electrochemical Dissolution of Transition Metals", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 60, 13343-13349 (2021).
- Zagalskaya A., Evazzade I. and Alexandrov V., "Ab Initio Thermodynamics and Kinetics of the Lattice Oxygen Evolution Reaction in Iridium Oxides", ACS Energy Letters 6, 1124-1133 (2021).
- Zagalskaya A. and Alexandrov V., "Role of Defects in the Interplay between Adsorbate Evolving and Lattice Oxygen Mechanisms of the Oxygen Evolution Reaction in RuO2 and IrO2", ACS Catalysis 10, 3650-3657 (2020).
- Klyukin K., Tao L. L., Tsymbal E.Y. and Alexandrov V., "Defect-Assisted Tunneling Electroresistance in Ferroelectric Tunnel Junctions", Physical Review Letters 121, 056601 (2018).