- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
- M.A.Sc., Tsinghua University
- B.A.Sc., Tsinghua University
Graduate and Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Fate and transport of contaminants
- Environmental implication of nanotechnology
- Ground water remediation
- Numerical simulation at pore and continuum scales
May 30, 2018: WARI promotes research links with India
Apr 12, 2017: Civil Engineering faculty and staff honored with awards
Mar 16, 2017: NSF funds Civil Engineering summer research program
Oct 04, 2016: WARI opens research links to India
Jun 20, 2016: Li Receives Faculty Recognition Award
Honors and Awards
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering Holling Family Master Teacher Award/UNL University‐Wide Teaching Award, 2017
- Maher and Lorees Tadros Faculty Recognition Award, 2016
- College of Engineering Faculty Service Award, 2015
- Henry Y. Kleinkauf Family Distinguished New Faculty Teaching Award, 2012
- Olsson Associates Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, 2010
- National Research Council Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2009
- Kananizadeh , N.; Lee, J. ; Mousavi, E.S.; Rodenhausen, K.B.; Sekora, D.;Schubert, M.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Schubert, E.; Zhang, J.; and Li, Y., (2019) Deposition of Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles onto Engineered Roughness Surfaces with Controlled Heights and Properties, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2019.03.088
- Akbariyeh, S. ; Bartlet-Hunt, S.; Snow, D.; Li, X.; Tang, Z., and Li, Y., Three-Dimensional Modeling of Nitrate-N Transport in Vadose Zone: Roles of Soil Heterogeneity and Groundwater Flux. Journal of Contaminate Hydrology. 2018 Apr;211:15-25. doi: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.2018.02.005
- Kananizadeh, N.; Peev, D; Delon, T. ; Schubert, E.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Schubert, M.; Zhang, J.; Uhlmann, P.; Ledere, A., and Li, Y. (2018) Visualization of label-free titanium dioxide nanoparticle deposition on surfaces with nanoscale roughness. Environmental Science: Nano, DOI: 10.1039/c8en00984h
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li,Y. , (2017) Development of Quantitative Structure–Activity Relationships for Nanoparticle Titanium Dioxide Aggregation in the Presence of Organic Contaminants. Environmental Engineering Science. 35. 10.1089/ees.2017.0470.
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li,Y. (2016) Aggregation of n-TiO2 in the presence of Humic acid (HA) and 17<beta>-estradiol (E2) under high ionic strength conditions. Chemosphere.
- Akbariyeh, S.; Patterson, B.; Kumar, M.; Li, Y. (2016) Quantification of Vapor Intrusion Pathways into a Slab-on-Ground Building: an Integration of Mathematical Modeling and Field Experiments. Vadose Zone Journal. October, 2016
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li, Y. (2015) Effect of 17β-estradiol on Stability and Mobility of TiO2 Rutile Nanoparticles. Science of The Total Environment. 511: 195-202 .
- Kananizadeh, N.; Rice, C.; Lee, J.; Rodenhausen, K.B.; Sekora, D.; Schubert, M.; Schubert, E.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li, Y. (2016) Combined Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation (QCM-D) and Generalized Ellipsometry (GE) to Characterize the Deposition of Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles on Model Rough Surfaces. Journal of Hazardous Materials
- Kananizadeh, N.; Chokejaroenrat, C.; Li, Y; Comfort, S. (2015), Modeling improved ISCO treatment of low permeable zones via viscosity modification: Assessment of system variables. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 173: 25-37
- Bai, C. Eskridge, K.M. and Li, Y(2013), Analysis of the Fate and Transport of nC60 Nanoparticles in the Subsurface using Response Surface Methodology, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology .
- Seymour, M., Chen, G., Su, C., and Li, Y (2013), Influence of particle shape on nanoparticle retention and release in saturated porous media. Environ. Sci. Technol
- May, R. and Li, Y. (2013)The effects of particle size on the deposition of fluorescent nanoparticles in porous media: Direct observation using laser scanning cytometry. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 418, pg. 84-91
- May, R., Akbariyeh, S., and Li, Y. (2012) Pore-Scale Investigation of Nanoparticle Transport in Saturated Porous Media Using Laser Scanning Cytometry. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es301749s.
- Bai, C. and Y. Li, (2012) Modeling the transport and retention of nC60 nanoparticles in the subsurface under different release scenarios. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 136-137: p. 43-55.
- Seymour, M. B.; Su, C.; Gao, Y.; Lu, Y.; Li, Y. (2012) Characterization of Carbon Nano-Onions for Heavy Metal Ion Remediation. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, DOI:10.1007/s11051-012-1087-y