Professional Memberships:• Member, NSF EEC Advisory Committee
Omar H. Heins Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D., UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME - Electrical Engineering, 1995 (Coding and Modulation for Space and Satellite Communications)
- M.S., UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME - Electrical Engineering, 1989 (On the Performance of Multi-dimensional Phase Modulated Trellis Codes)
- B.S., UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA - Electrical Engineering, 1987
On this inaugural episode of the Complete Engineering Podcast, get to know Dean Lance C. Pérez and learn more about the future growth and projects going on at the University of Nebraska College of Engineering.
Click here for episode
About Lance C. Pérez
Dr. Lance C. Pérez was named dean of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering in May 2018, following two years as interim dean. An experienced academic and campus leader, Pérez previously was associate vice chancellor for academic affairs and dean of graduate studies at the university. He has been a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering since 1996 and is currently the Heins Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
In his previous administrative positions, Pérez was responsible for faculty and leadership development, promotion and tenure, instruction technology and classroom facilities’ improvements, and graduate education. He led the implementation of $30 million in improvements to the academic facilities and played a pivotal role in the university’s entrance into the Big Ten Committee on Institutional Cooperation.
As a faculty member, he has won numerous teaching awards and has been principal investigator or co-principal investigator on more than $15 million in federally funded research. His research interests include signal and information processing, engineering education, and faculty leadership development. From 2008-10, Pérez was a program director in the Division of Undergraduate Education at the National Science Foundation.
He has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Virginia, and an M.S. and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Notre Dame.
Honors and Awards
- IEEE Education Society Edwin C. Jones, Jr. Meritorious Service Award, 2016
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Education Society Distinguished Member Award, 2019