Five engineering faculty, staff honored at Laurels reception
Five College of Engineering faculty and staff were honored with 2021 awards coordinated by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor. Award recipients have advanced the missions of the university in teaching, research and service, and will be recognized at The Laurels award reception.
College Distinguished Teaching Awards, which recognize faculty with excellence in teaching. Distribution of the awards rotates among the colleges each year.
- Khalid Sayood, professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Jena Shafai Asgarpoor, associate professor of practice, Engineering
Dr. Charles Riedesel Outstanding Academic Advising Award, given to an exceptional faculty or staff member for advising services beyond basic job duties and responsibilities to provide support, empowerment, coaching, counseling, and guidance to help undergraduate students succeed academically and in life. The award is named for Dr. Charles Riedesel, former advisor in Computer Science and Engineering, who devoted much of his time to recruiting and advising computer science and engineering majors.
- Ann Koopmann, academic adviser, Computer Science and Engineering
Exceptional Excellence Award, which recognizes a staff member who has exceeded in their job expectations and significantly contributed to the success of a faculty member’s teaching and/or research.
- Kayla Person, director of engineering graduate programs
- Ashley West, administrative associate for engineering graduate programs