Graduate Research Professional Development Fellowship Application Form
The College of Engineering Graduate Research Professional Development Fellowship program provides $750 to help support the participation of graduate students in the College to present technical posters or presentations as first-authors at scientific conferences, on research conducted as a UNL engineering graduate student.
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student in good standing enrolled in a MS (Option 1) or PhD degree program within the UNL College of Engineering during the semester the fellowship will be used.
- Must be first-author on a technical poster or presentation listed as part of the program at the scientific conference. The conference must occur after the application deadline.
- Priority will be given to those students who have submitted an approved MS Memorandum of Courses Form or Doctoral Program of Studies.
- Priority will be given to those students who have not received a Research Professional Development Fellowship in the previous 12 months.
- Applications are to be submitted through the online form below.
- Application deadlines are prior to the beginning of every semester on the following days at 11:59 PM: August 1st, December 1st, and May 1st.
- Use the below dates to determine which semester a fellowship application should be submitted based on the conference dates (ex: conference starts on January 1st, apply during the Fall semester).
- August 1st (August 2nd - December 1st)
- December 1st (December 2nd - May 1st)
- May 1st (May 2nd to August 1st)
- Review the official University of Nebraska Travel Policy
- After each deadline, the applications submitted will be verified for eligibility by the Dean's Office, and the faculty advisor of each applicant will be asked via email to confirm support of the application. Graduate Committee Chairs for each degree program are then asked to prioritize all eligible applications within their degree program from the last semester. The CoE Associate Dean of Graduate Programs subsequently coordinates awarding of grants across the College.
- Applicants will be informed if their application is successful approximately two weeks after each deadline: typically by August 15, December 15, and May 15.
- All applicants must complete the pre-trip form using Concur.
- All fellowships are subject to taxes.
- Fellowship are dispersed by the Office of Graduate Studies twice per academic year. Once during the first week of fall semester and once during the first week of spring semester.