Graduate Research Professional Development Fellowship Application Form
The College of Engineering Graduate Research Professional Development Fellowship program will provide up to $500 to help support the participation of graduate students in the College to present technical posters or presentations virtually as first-authors at scientific conferences, on research conducted as a UNL engineering graduate student. Due to current university travel restrictions, please be mindful of the mode of delivery for your desired conference.
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student in good standing enrolled in a MS (Option 1) or PhD degree program within the UNL College of Engineering during the semester the fellowship will be used.
- Must be first-author on a technical poster or presentation listed as part of the program at the scientific conference. The conference must occur after the application deadline.
- Priority will be given to those students who have submitted an approved MS Memorandum of Courses Form or Doctoral Program of Studies.
- Priority will be given to those students who have not received a Research Professional Development Fellowship in the previous 12 months.
- Applications are to be submitted through the online form below.
- Application deadline is Monday, January 25th at 11:59 pm
- Review the official University of Nebraska Travel Policy
- After each deadline, the applications submitted will be verified for eligibility by the Dean's Office, and the faculty advisor of each applicant will be asked via email to confirm support of the application. Graduate Committee Chairs for each degree program are then asked to prioritize all eligible applications within their degree program from the last semester. The CoE Associate Dean of Graduate Programs subsequently coordinates awarding of fellowships across the College.
- Applicants will be informed if their application is successful approximately two weeks after each deadline: typically by February 8th.
- All applicants must complete the pre-trip form using Concur. (only if traveling; travel restrictions are in place.)
- All fellowships are subject to taxes.