Apply for the College of Engineering Graduate Research Professional Development Fellowship program. The fellowship awards up to $500 to help support the educational development and participation of COE graduate students to present their technical posters or presentations as first-authors at scientific conferences, on research conducted as a UNL engineering graduate student.
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student in good standing in a MS (option A) or PhD degree program within the UNL College of Engineering during the term the fellowship is awarded.
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be first author on a technical poster or presentation listed as part of the program at the scientific conference. The conference must occur after the application deadline.
- Priority will be given to those students who have submitted an approved MS Memorandum of Courses Form or Doctoral Program of Studies
- Priority will be given to those students who have not received a Research Professional development fellowship in the previous 12 months.
Research Professional Development Fellowship Deadlines:
|Period||For Travel Between||Application Deadline||Notification Deadline|
|July 31||August 20|
|Spring|| January 1
|November 30||December 20|
|March 31||April 20|
- Applications are to be submitted through the online form below.
- Review the official University of Nebraska Travel Policy and the University’s COVID 19 Travel Policy
- After each deadline, the applications submitted will be verified for eligibility by the Dean’s Office. The COE Associate Dean of Graduate Programs, along with the Director of Engineering Graduate Programs, subsequently coordinate awarding of fellowships across the College pending funding availability.
- Applicants will be informed if their application is successful approximately 3-4 weeks after each deadline.
- All applicants must complete the pre-trip form using Concur (excludes virtual conferences)
- All fellowships are subject taxes.