Within the College of Engineering, our faculty and students perform innovative research that reaches across traditional disciplines to develop and understand complex systems ranging from the human body and robotics to the built and natural environment.
Our faculty receive funding from such corporate and governmental agencies as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Indy Racing League, U.S. Geological Survey, Environmental Protection Agency, Federal Railroad Administration, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
The college has identified seven areas of major interdisciplinary initiatives of focus, with research conducted within a wide range of activities:
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Biomedical Engineering and Health Care Environments
- Energy Materials and Energy Systems
- Engineering in Agriculture, Life Sciences, and Natural Resources
- National Defense and Security
- Transportation and the Built Environment
- Discipline-based education research (DBER)
Read more about these areas and how we're impacting the state of Nebraska and beyond: College of Engineering Research