Following the plant visit, the IAC team spends time researching, evaluating, and developing the recommendations. If additional information is needed, further communication will be made with plant personnel, and additional data may be requested. The most cost-effective assessment recommendations (ARs) are combined in a final assessment report that is sent to the client and to the US Department of Energy’s technical field manager, the Center for Advanced Energy Systems (CAES), at Rutgers University in New Jersey.
The report contains the following information:
- Quantification of current energy and waste management costs
- Specific recommendations for conserving energy, preventing waste, and improving productivity
- Savings calculations
- Estimated implementation costs
- Simple payback periods for the recommended actions
- Estimates for reductions associated with greenhouse gas emissions