Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
2019 Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
The College of Engineering Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award is presented annually to a graduate student in the College of Engineering in recognition of original work in the form of a doctoral dissertation that has made an unusually significant contribution to the discipline. Awards will be made on the basis of both methodological and substantive quality. A selection committee composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to graduate students in the UNL College of Engineering who have submitted their doctoral dissertations for graduation in August 2018, December 2018, or May 2019.
- Previous recipients of this award are not eligible.
- An individual must be nominated by a faculty member affiliated with the College of Engineering.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents preferably in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- The recipient of this award will receive a certificate and $500 award, and be honored at the annual College-wide Graduate Student Recognition Event, scheduled for Wednesday, May 1st at 3 PM in Nebraska Union, Regency Suites
- The DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form is Monday, March 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.