Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award
2021 Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award
The College of Engineering Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award is presented annually to a graduate student in the College of Engineering in recognition of original work in the form of a Master’s thesis that has made an unusually significant contribution to the discipline. Awards will be made on the basis of both methodological and substantive quality. A selection committee composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to graduate students in the UNL College of Engineering who have submitted their Master’s thesis for graduation in August 2020, December 2020, or May 2021.
- Individuals who have received a Ph.D. (or comparable research degree) in any discipline, prior to writing the Master’s thesis, are not eligible.
- Previous recipients of this award are not eligible.
- An individual must be nominated by a faculty member affiliated with the College of Engineering.
- Nominees will be evaluated on their thesis's scholarly content, methodology, contribution to the field, and overall clarity.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents preferably in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- The recipient of this award will receive a certificate and $500 award.
- The DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form is Friday, March 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.