Linking SharePoint to OneDrive
To get access to SharePoint files and folders from inside of OneDrive, you need to login to your SharePoint(s) and enable access. After you do that--for each SharePoint folder you want access to in OneDrive--you will be able to access files from either OneDrive or SharePoint via OneDrive on your Windows or Mac computer. Following SharePoint sites makes it easier to find ones you have access too. For that, click the star in the upper right part of the window that says 'Not following' next to it. Then you can find your sharepoints when you're on office.com
- Login to the SharePoint site you wish to access.
- Select the Folder or Document Library you want to make available via OneDrive
- Click on the 'Add shortcut to OneDrive' button area.
- It will pop-up a message about adding the shortcut, and where it was placed.
- If there are more Folders or Document Libraries on the same site you want to make available, repeat steps 2-4, if you have access to other SharePoint sites and wish to make them available via OneDrive, repeat steps 1-4.
- Logout or close theSharePoint window
- You may need to wait a few minutes, but, your folder(s) should show up in OneDrive
Click for the longer annotated step-by-step version.