Task Force - Undergraduate Engineering Education
1) UNDERGRADUATE ENGINEERING EDUCATION
To access the Box folder with current reports from this task force and/or to leave a comment, you must log-in to the university system (see the top of the webpage - login).
Dean’s Office Liaison: Sohrab Asgarpoor
- Carl Nelson (MME) = Chair
- Hunter Flodman (ChBE)
- Libby Jones (CIVE)
- Deepak Keshwani (BSE)
- Suzette Person (CSE)
- Khalid Sayood (ECE)
- Clarence Waters (DSAEC)
Describe the content and pedagogy needed to deliver an aspirational educational experience.
Things to consider:
- How to maximize experiences for our students?
- Connect theory and practice (thinking and doing)
- Early exposure to design and engineering (technical, economics, environmental, regulatory, social, safety, global)
- Meaningful engagement in-class and outside class
- Continual integration (use the things you learn)
- Undergraduate research, internship, co-op, service learning, study abroad
- Value of diversity & inclusion as well as ethics
- Include a description of the features, characteristics, and requirements for undergraduate engineering curricula.
- Don't do the design, but establish design criteria, constraints, and parameters that will inform each program faculty as they redesign their curricula.