CoE Zoom Support
Getting Started with Zoom
Zoom is enabled for all CoE Faculty and Staff. You will need to connect to the UNL Zoom page to download the Zoom app and enable your account.
For Zoom instructions to install the app, host and join meetings, share your screen and get a few helpful tips, download this CoE Zoom Quickstart Guide
Walkthrough scheduling a Zoom meeting or online class with the Zoom app using the Scheduling Walkthrough
Hints, Tips and Best Practices
If you are going to record in a CoE classroom, please refer Correct Zoom Settings for Classroom Recording.
If presenting from your desktop see: Correct Zoom Settings for Desktop Presentation
For more pointers see Zoom's two-page Tips and Tricks for Educators
Chris Steffen, our AV Support Tech on the Scott Campus created a short video to Use Your Phone as a Doc Cam in Zoom.
Other support offered for remote teaching
Record your lecture in one of our Learning Spaces
The COE IT team provides remote support for faculty interested in using the Learning and Collaboration Spaces for recording their lectures. The College of Engineering supports a number of rooms for local and remote teaching and collaboration. Most rooms are equipped with computers, whiteboards, conferencing equipment, document cameras and wireless video. Currently, these rooms can be scheduled for recording lectures during the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester in both Omaha and Lincoln (subject to change).
Before reserving a room, please review the following information:
1) All support for recording your lecture will be remote with no technical support onsite, the IT team will be available to assist faculty by logging into Zoom or you can reach them by phone.
2) The instructor camera will be set to a medium shot of the desk. The floors in these classrooms are marked with camera limits, so instructors know if they’ve stepped out of frame.
3) The COE IT team will be able to remotely start and stop the room systems – make the connection to Zoom and enter meeting ID.
4) Faculty must schedule their Zoom meetings and provide the Zoom meeting ID to the IT team.
5) We encourage faculty to reserve the rooms at least 24 hours in advance.
Reserve a Room
Full details about the rooms please visit Room Details
Wanting to get rid of the 5-10 minutes of inactivity at the beginning of your Zoom video? Stopped and started over during an important point? Let us know how we can make your video look a little bit better. Get started with our Video Editing Request form