NERcF Asylum MFP-3D-Bio AFM
Asylum MFP-3D-Bio AFM
The MFP-3D-BIO provides the highest sensitivity and most accurate images and measurements possible on an inverted optical platform. The NPS™ closed loop nanopositioning sensors on all three axes ensure distortion-free images on samples as small as proteins and as large as cells - in both air and liquid. The MFP-3D measures the cantilever deflection to better than 20pm (8pm typical) without artifacts, making the MFP-3D ideal for force measurements such as unfolding single molecules or probing cell mechanics.
- Illuminate or View with Built-in Top-Down Optics;
- Real-time Optical Navigation;
- Thermally-limited force resolution (<8 pm deflection noise typical, <20 pm);
- Large Z range (15 µm standard, 40 µm extended Z option) accommodates demanding applications such as cell-cell and cell-substrate adhesion measurements;
Analysis & Measurement
- High Precision 3D Motion
X & Y range 90 μm, X & Y sensors <0.5 nm, Z range >15 μm, Z sensor <0.25 nm
Optional Extended Z Head with range >40 μm
DC height noise <50 pm
- Lowest Noise Single Molecule or Cellular Force Measurements
Cantilever deflection noise <15 pm (typical 8 pm)
Cantilever spring constant calibration
Force mapping including automated adhesion and elastic modulus analysis.
- Optical Microscope Integration
All standard objective lenses including high NA oil- and water-immersion and TIRF objectives are supported.
- Included modes
Contact mode; Dual AC™, DART™ PFM; Dual AC Resonance Tracking (DART); Electric force microscopy (EFM); Fluid imaging; Force modulation; Frequency modulation; Kelvin probe force microscopy (KPFM); Lateral force mode; Magnetic force microscopy (MFM); Nanolithography /nanomanipulation; Piezoresponse force microscopy (PFM); Phase imaging; Switching spectroscopy PFM; Tapping mode (AC mode);