FEI Quanta 200 Environmental SEM
The FEI Quanta Environmental SEM is capable of running at low vacuum, thus reducing charging on insulating samples and allowing imaging without applying a conductive coating. In addition, ESEM mode allows imaging of specimens that contain water, including biological samples.
- High-vacuum mode for imaging and microanalysis of conductive and/or conventionally prepared specimens;
- Low-vacuum mode for imaging and microanalysis of non-conductive specimens without preparation;
- ESEM mode for biological specimens which are impossible to investigate with traditional EM methods;
Analysis & Testing
- Image hydrated samples.
- Crystallization or phase transformation during humidity or thermal cycling.
- Particles in suspensions or self-assembly processes.
- Corrosion in metals.
- Tensile testing, with cooling if desired.
- Electron source: Schottky thermal field emitter;
- Accelerating voltage range: 0.2 - 30 kV;
- Pressure in low vacuum mode: < 200 Pa;
- Pressure in environmental mode: < 4000 Pa;
- Detectors: secondary electron, variable pressure secondary electron, backscattered electron;
- Resolution at 30 kV: 3 nm;