NERcF FEI Quanta 200 Environmental SEM
FEI Quanta 200 Environmental SEM
The FEI Quanta Environmental SEM is capable of running at low vacuum, thus reducing charging on insulating samples and allowing imaging without applying a conductive coating. In addition, ESEM mode allows imaging of specimens that contain water, including biological samples.
- High-vacuum mode for imaging and microanalysis of conductive and/or conventionally prepared specimens;
- Low-vacuum mode for imaging and microanalysis of non-conductive specimens without preparation;
- ESEM mode for biological specimens which are impossible to investigate with traditional EM methods;
Analysis & Testing
- Image hydrated samples.
- Crystallization or phase transformation during humidity or thermal cycling.
- Particles in suspensions or self-assembly processes.
- Corrosion in metals.
- Tensile testing, with cooling if desired.
- Electron source: Schottky thermal field emitter;
- Accelerating voltage range: 0.2 - 30 kV;
- Pressure in low vacuum mode: <200 Pa;
- Pressure in environmental mode: <4000 Pa;
- Detectors: secondary electron, variable pressure secondary electron, backscattered electron;
- Resolution at 30 kV: 3 nm;