Be a Student Specialist with the College of Engineering
In collaboration with the Engineering Student Services team, a team of 4 Student Specialists will welcome and engage students and parents during their New Student Enrollment experience.
Sharing your experience with adjusting to college studying, connecting with new friends, using support resources on campus, and overcoming any number of struggles or obstacles can make a difference with those who will be joining the College of Engineering community.
Student Specialists will be trained in mid-May.
Applicants should be generally available during most of the NSE dates for the College of Engineering:
May: 29, 30
June: 3, 4, 7, 15, 18, 20, 26
July: 9, 10, 11
AM shifts are 8 AM to 1 PM
PM shifts are 11:30 AM to 4 PM.
*Lunch will be provided at Take a Parent to Lunch in Selleck Dining Hall*
*Your individual schedule/shifts can accommodate other commitments you may have*
You will be a good fit if you:
- Are in good academic standing in the College of Engineering (2.4 GPA, cumulative)
- Are comfortable starting conversation with strangers
- Possess excellent oral communication skills
- Have utilized campus resources to overcome struggles with your transition from high school – resource centers, tutoring, study groups, etc.
- Are involved on campus and/or in the community
Selected applicants should be prepared for a short interview.
Questions? Contact Jayde McWilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org.