Engineering the Leader in You - Living Learning Community
"As a mathematics professor, I have never seen a group of students work together so well as a team. The students in the LLC are friends, classmates, and teammates. If I could go back and be a student myself, I would definitely choose to be part of a LLC."
-Professor Angie Hodge, Calculus I and II - 2016 Engineering LLC
“It has made me feel more comfortable with my peers so I don’t feel so alone. I also got to meet a whole bunch of new people!”
– Edvin, 2018 LLC
“I have made connections with a lot of awesome people and the LLC board has been a good resource for advice.”
– Alyssa, 2018 LLC
“It has connected me with many peers and helped me make new friends as well as being able to ask someone I’m comfortable with for help in any of my classes.”
– Jacob, 2017 LLC
“The LLC helped me meet most of the friends I have today and gave me a solid group to study with.”
– Isaac, 2016 LLC
You are good at math and science. But can you lead a team? Do you have the necessary professional skill set to lead change and be a successful engineer?
All incoming students admitted to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering on Scott Campus are encouraged to apply for the “Engineering the Leader in You” Living Learning Community (ENGR LLC).
This community is focused on leadership and career development for first-year engineering students. ENGR LLC students:
- Live in Scott Village (annual lease) with other engineering students who are also members of the ENGR LLC (roommates will be assigned based on major and interests).
- Enroll in common course sections each semester of the first year.
- Participate in programs and workshops customized to help you build leadership skills and career readiness.
- Have access to peer mentors, tutoring, faculty, and staff in the College of Engineering throughout the academic year.
- Are encouraged to register for the college's Engineering Readiness Academy, a one week bridge program scheduled prior to the start of classes.
TO APPLY: All interested new first-year engineering students are encouraged to apply via the UNO Housing Application and select this community as their first choice: http://go.unl.edu/unohousing
The College of Engineering will notify all students selected for the community no later than May 1. The maximum capacity for this community is 24 students.