Order of the Engineer
Sign up for the Order of the Engineer
Omaha Students: if you will not be attending the Senior Design Showcase or available April 21, contact Carl Nelson or Karen Coen-Brown to possibly schedule a time on the Scott Campus.
THE ORDER OF THE ENGINEER is for graduating seniors and graduate students from an ABET-accredited engineering program. Construction management students are not eligible to join.
The Order was started in 1970 by members of the Ohio Society of Professional Engineers and was similar to the international engineering organization started in Canada. The Charter for the Nebraska link, as it is called, was granted in 1976. The Order of the Engineer strives to:
• Develop a spirit of pride and responsibility in the engineering profession
• Strengthen the interface between training for and the practice of engineering
• Present the public with a visible symbol identifying the engineer
Online registration deadline: Wednesday, April 19 by 5 p.m. / You may also register the day of the event at the Senior Design Showcase (Memorial Stadium, City Campus)
- A one-time initiation fee for the Order of the Engineer is $20. Payment will be accepted anytime prior to or at the ceremony: cash or check only.
- As part of the membership, you will receive a ring to wear. Include your ring size on the registration form if known (the small finger of your working hand). The sizing can also be completed prior to the initiation: go to the Engineering Student Services office in Nebraska Hall (Engineering Library) - front desk, or when you register at the Senior Design Showcase.
For questions or more information: