The Complete Engineer Conference - Who Can Participate
The Complete Engineer Conference
All Nebraska Engineering undergraduate students (including Pre-Engineering students) in Lincoln and Omaha are encouraged to apply. You must be in good academic standing with the College of Engineering (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50) to be selected for the conference. We expect the application process to be extremely competitive as there are a limited number spaces available for this conference. Please allow yourself enough time to review and complete the application.
Please note that completing an application does not guarantee you a spot in this conference. You will be notified via email by February 1, 2016 whether your application has been reviewed and accepted.
You must be selected based on your application by a committee of application reviewers to attend the conference. The following are the criteria for selection on which our reviewers will evaluate your application:
- Creativity in your application response
- Clarity of your responses to the key questions
- Potential for growth from the knowledge and experience you might gain from the conference
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (UNL or UNO GPA based on which campus you are enrolled)
- Completion of at least one semester at UNL or UNO and current enrollment at one of these institutions
Students who are applying for The Complete Engineer Conference agree to the following expectations. All students who are selected to participate in The Complete Engineer Conference will:
- Provide transportation to the hotel on March 19, 2017, and from the hotel on March 22, 2017.
- Adhere to a business casual dress code during conference activities unless otherwise specified
- To bring business formal dress to wear for the etiquette dinner and the Complete Engineer Mixer with Union Pacific executives and managers
- Adhere to the Lincoln/Omaha student code of conduct
- Participate in all pre-conference activities, sessions, socials, and projects.
- Share a room with one other person unless other accommodations are required.
Failure to adhere to these expectations will result in immediate dismissal from the conference.