Engineering Career Services partners with UNL Career Services to make it easy for you to access the programs and services you need to be successful in your job or internship search.
Through these services, you can:
- Meet and network with future employers
- Perfect your resume and cover letter
- Learn helpful interviewing tips
- Define your future
LincolnVisit UNL Career Services or make an appointment with a career advisor through MyPlan.
Career FairsThe College of Engineering offers career fairs throughout the year for students to interact with employers for full-time and internship opportunities. Attending a career fair will enable you to:
- Explore possible career opportunities specific to your area of interest
- Interact and network with employers
- Increase your chances of interviewing with an employer.
To view the dates and times of upcoming career fairs and how to prepare, visit the Career Services Events Calendar.
With the help of Career Services and Engineering Student Services, our alumni continue to find excellent employment offers for jobs, with many students securing their post-graduation plans long before graduation.
To explore employers and full-time job opportunities, visit: Handshake.
Advance your career and develop professional skills prior to graduation. All of our students are expected to intern at least once before graduation, while many students will intern multiple times. Internships allow you to gain hands-on experience in your engineering discipline. You will have the opportunity to work with practicing engineers on real-world projects. Many of these positions lead to full-time job offers prior to graduation.
Visit "Start your Internship Search" for support in your search. Log into your Handshake account to search for hundreds of open internships now.
OmahaAs a Nebraska Engineering student on the Scott Campus in Omaha, you have access to a multitude of career resources: UNL Career Services, UNO Academic and Career Development Center, and the College of Engineering’s Career Services Coordinator in Omaha. Through these resources, you are able to:
- Receive customized career development through one-on-one career coaching
- Access job and internship postings through UNL and UNO
- Attend multiple career fairs in Lincoln and Omaha
- Enroll in a free career development seminar, ENGR 200, through MavLink
- Attend career development workshops and events
For all career support, contact Robia Qasimyar, Career Services Coordinator. You may book an appointment through MavTRACK.
Handshake Student Sign-In
Handshake is UNL's online job board, and the best resource for Engineering and Construction students when searching for internships and full-time jobs.https://unl.joinhandshake.com/login