CHME - UOL - Heat Exchanger Network
Heat Exchanger Network
- Steam-water double pipe heat exchanger 5 m in length containing 5 thermocouples at intermediate positions. (Red insulated piping)
- Water-water double pipe heat exchanger 20 m in length containing 5 thermocouples at intermediate positions. (Green insulated piping)
- Fisher® control valves are used to control the steam and water flow rates.
- Equipment is operated using the DeltaV™ DCS.
- Alarms and interlocks are present for process safety.
Possible Experimental Objectives
- Calibration of an orifice plate flow meter for water flow and vortex shedding meter for steam flow.
- Determination of steady state experimental overall heat transfer coefficients for steam-water and water-water double pipe heat exchangers and comparison to predicted values calculated from heat transfer correlations.
- Unsteady state double pipe heat exchanger modeling using partial differential equations.
- Temperature control by manipulating steam or water flow via pneumatic Fisher® control valves with the option of adding feedforward or cascade control.
College of Engineering Upcoming Events