CHME - UOL - Hotdog Cooker
- Well-mixed vessel containing an internal steam coil.
- Fisher® control valve and Rosemount® magnetic flow meter on water influent.
- Fisher® control valve and Rosemount® vortex shedding meter on steam influent.
- External pump around system with a shell and tube heat exchanger for cooling.
Possible Experimental Objectives
- Analysis of a continuous, batch, or semi-batch process using material and energy balances.
- Use of feedback or cascade control for temperature control of the water in the vessel.
- Analysis of process disturbances such as ice being added to the vessel.